The Organizing Committee on behalf of the LMU invites all scholars working on subjects related to Near Eastern Archaeology to participate in the 11th International Congress on the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (ICAANE), which will take place at the LMU Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München) from 3–7 April 2018.
The 11th ICAANE will cover all aspects of the archaeology of the Near East, from prehistoric to Islamic times, from archaeological fieldwork to art historical, historical and philological studies, as well as Cultural Heritage.
1st Circular (PDF, 112 KB)
The Programme is organized in eight sections and themes
- Every participant of the conference has to register.
- Registration and submission of papers will be possible from 1 April, 2017 onwards.
- The deadline for submission of proposals for papers, workshops and posters is 31 July 2017
- The proposals for papers should be up to one page (as a word document or as a pdf document)
- The proposals for papers, workshops and posters should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speakers are allowed to give one lecture only.
- All speakers are requested to observe a 20 minute limit for their papers.
- All speakers and presenters of posters must be registered for the congress.
- Speakers studying for a degree without a PhD in hands need a supporting statement from their supervisor.
- Congress languages are English, French, and German.
- All papers have to follow the UNESCO convention of 1970.